What is Ancient Hospitality
What is Ancient Hospitality?
“Ancient Hospitality” directs us all back to the new modern travelling trend of the SHARING ECONOMY around the world but let us be cautious at all times!
According to an ancient dictionary 1830, Noah Webster defines “ancient hospitality” as “the act or practice of receiving and entertaining strangers or guests without reward….”
Therefore, an “ancient hospitality” definition may refer us even back to more ancient years before Christ or the so-called Gregorian calendar. What is Yeshua (Jesus) Hospitality? Luke 14: 12-14 (CJBVersion) Yeshua also said to the one who had invited him, “When you give a lunch or a dinner, don’t ask your friends, brothers, relatives or rich neighbours; for they may well invite you in return, and that will be your repayment. Instead, when you have a party, invite poor people, disfigured people, the physically challenged, the blind! How blessed you will be that they have nothing with which to repay you! For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
Then there is another friendly reminder from the Ancient Hebrew 13:2 Bible verse. “Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realising it!”
Have you entertained an angel? I hope you can share with us. For all security reasons, we may discern when it is worth inviting strangers, living now in the last days with vicious predators lurking out there. God has given us guides to follow in his Word, but we all know He has given us the wisdom to use it as well.
SHARING ECONOMY is one way of entertaining our guests around the world in the travel and tourism industry. One of the closest example “sharing economy” service is the couchsurfing.com birth in 2004 “Couchsurfing is a global community of 10 million people in more than 200,000 cities who share their life, their world, their journey. Couchsurfing connects travellers with a worldwide network of individuals willing to share in profound and meaningful ways, making travel a genuinely social experience.”
Simply google it or watch TED Talk and you will find legit personal travellers stories travelling worldwide using couchsurfing.com, and there will be more “sharing economy” service types rising as I post this article.
1. La Mule another kind of “sharing economy” in the sense of a carpooling way of travelling birth in Australia.
2. House Sitter or Pet Sitter – In their words, “The win/win for pet lovers that travel. They connect home and pet owners who need a sitter with trustworthy people who want to house sit.”
3. Love Home Swap – In their words, “Holiday like a local – for a whole lot less. Use your home to travel the world, enjoy authentic travel experiences and save thousands on hotel bills.”
4. Home Exchange – In their words, “They connect like-minded travellers, help them go anywhere, live like locals, and stay for free.”
5. Aussie House Swap – In their words, “Free accommodation across Australia and around the world.”
and much more to list in another post. 🙂
For our awareness, there are great stories of Couchsurfing experiences out there, but there are also tragic stories encounters we would not dare happened to anyone! Travel and stay safe everyone!
Share with us your story or link us your blog where you have experienced the “sharing economy” service.